- POTATOES (sweet, red, yellow, russet, etc.)
- SUMMER SQUASH (crookneck, zucchini, etc.)
- GREENS (lettuce, spinach, kale, etc)
- HERBS (thyme, mint, oregano, basil, etc.)
- TOMATOES (choose hardy varieties to start)
I recently watched a reel on Instagram about growing potatoes in a feed bag and then I watched a YouTube video on growing potatoes in burlap coffee sacks. I’ve decided to try both of these methods. I have sweet potatoes growing in feed bags and I’ll be growing russet potatoes in the coffee sacks. I also saw this video on growing potatoes in a CARDBOARD BOX!
- Greenstalk Garden Tower. These tower systems are very nice. They are having a really awesome Mother’s Day sale going on right now as well. Towers normally priced at $169 are now $109. Plus if you use my code you can get an additional $10 off. There are other things on sale too so go check them out. Click Here.
- Garden Tower Project. I’m really in love with this sustainable tower system. Not only can you grow food but you can have a worm farm as well. This is an all-in-one system that will fertilize your plants with the castings (poop) from the worms. You can use the tower without adding worms if that seems to much to start with. As you gain in your growing skills you can add the worms later. There are lots of videos on how it works on the website. Click Here.
- Vego Garden: I recently got my first Vego Garden 6 in 1 modular raised bed and I’m in love! It’s durable, versatile and easy to put together. You can watch how I set mine up with my grandkids in my recent Instagram reel. Click Here
- Bootstrap Farmer. You can find a number of things on this website including grow bags. They have high-quality seed trays, greenhouse kits and grow lights as well. Click Here.
- My Amazon Store: I have a few other options for grow bags at my store. I’ve categorized them into lists. You can find a lot of useful tools and book suggestions in my store as well. Click Here.
Organic Seed. Don’t forget to get quality seeds! Depending on where you are there should be plenty of time to start growing things like summer squash and greens. Botanical Interest is a good place to start. Click Here to shop.
Organic Seedlings. If you can’t find organic seedlings locally you can also order them from Azure Standard. Azure is an excellent bulk organic food buying option. I’ve been ordering from Azure since at least 2010.
Click Here to set up your own account. Or enter my code ( RamonaWeathers1 ) when visiting this website link.